Gaia Breedables is a Second Life Breedable with a second life. After releasing the original Gaia Bird (then named Chocobo) some time ago the V2 release has brought a new name, logo, marketing strategy and breeding system to the rather big bird that Gaia Engineer and his team have created. I hope you enjoy the interview below:
- What brought you to SL and how did you discover breedables?
I first came to SL because of my real life brother who constantly bragged about having a homestead and some thing called a Sion Chicken, so i decided to investigate.
- What inspired you to create a breedable and how did you choose what to create?
I decided when I saw the Sion Chicken and spent some time raising them my self, I wanted to create a new pet.
- Could you please list the members of your team and their positions?
Chocobo Engineer: Owner
Ozma64 Resident: Programmer
Surreallia Anatine: Gaia Coat Designer
Xedina Fairlady: CSR
- For the interest of SL jobseekers out there, do you have any job positions that need filling?
Yes, we have new positions opening up for Customer Service Representatives for all timezones.
- What have you found to be the biggest challenges and greatest rewards of bringing a new breedable to SL? (so far)
I have found the biggest challenge I have found during the project so far, was achieving features and updates within a certain amount of time. this is very difficult to do. The greatest reward though is when I have customers IM me or meet me at the store and tell me how much they love and adore the birds.
- What would you like to see more on in the breedables community?
I would like to see more people breeding the birds and growing their own food of course, but I would also like to see a lot more community interaction, I would like to hear from the community more often on what they like and dislike about my products and what they would like to change.
- How has the excitement of and suggestions from customers influenced your creations?
I thrive from the excitement that other people have about my products, and I take peoples suggestions and consider them very careful and some times I get a little bit over excited with ideas and ramble on about new things.
- Does a particular experience in the Second Life Community inspire you to keep going when you are discouraged?
Yes, when I get into a Q&A, and have people excited about trying to get my product more publicity I get really energized and really excited to continue the development and that really inspires me to carry on.
- What Gameplay is included and will this be developed further in the future?
Current Gameplay is as followed: Breeding – Breed the birds to get the colors that you want to collect. Farming – Grow mushrooms for your birds and feed them at a cheaper rate Riding – Ride you’re birds around the sim. Interacting – hug and hold your birds and enjoy their company All of the Gameplay features mentioned will be developed further in the future as well as additional features.
- What do you think makes your breedable stand out from the crowd?
The size of our birds I think makes us stand out from the crowd.
- What interactions are possible and do you consider it to be a Pet Game, Breedable or a combination?
I consider them to be a combination of both, pet games and breedable, you can currently cuddle with them and hold them when they are are of all ages, you can also ride them and grow food for them.
- If someone was undecided about your breedable, what would you say to convince them to give it a try?
I would ask them if they had questions about the birds that hadn’t been answered and then if they are still undecided I would then offer then a single bird for them to try.
- What are your plans for the future?
We have many many projects planed for the future of the Gaia birds, with many updates to come, including loads of new traits and even more things for a Gaia bird to have fun with including additional accessories.
- How long do you expect to be commiting to this project and with your breeders in mind, do you have a legacy plan?
I expect to be commited to the Gaia birds for a minimum of the next 5 years. Yes we do have a legacy plan coming into play with the current update that is coming out where old coats that work as a costume will continue to work regardless of the update.
Gaia Breedables:- InWorld Website